Will my fence rust, fade, peel or chip?
Without question, this is the greatest concern with ornamental fencing. Consequently, you should not purchase a metal fence system unless it has been:
- Powder Coating. This coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to metal products. It is powder that is applied to the fence and then melted in an oven, creating a baked-on tough coating.
- Galvanizing. Leaving your fence with a shiny silver coating, galvanizing seals the fence from rust and corrosion with a zinc rich finish. Though this is a great application to prevent rust; unfortunately, most paint applications do not adhere to the shiny galvanized finish unless first brush blasted.
With over forty years of steel fabrication, American Fence Company stands firm on only providing products with these forms of coatings. Don’t settle for anything less.
Can you customize my fence?
We have fabricated literally thousands of different fence and railing designs with the following process. Regardless if you purchase American Ornamental fence system, other pre-fabricated fence systems or a custom fence; we can add a unique appeal to your fence and gates.
If using a prefabricated fence; think about adding quad flares and triads to your picket tops or rings between your rails. Keep it simple by customizing your gates with arched tops and some flare such as rings, scrolls, cast iron designs or plasma cut letters, numbers and shapes.
- With computer aided design (CAD) programmers, we can provide you with a CAD drawing of your dream fence or railing.
- Once you have selected a design, we will personally field review your application.
- Upon field verification, we will provide you with actual drawings of your dream as it will appear.
- With a team of certified welders, we will build your product to the highest standards.
- With hundreds of color samples and paint applications, we will work with you to select your colors.
- With over forty years of experience, you can count on us to install your ornamental fence, gates and railings on time and to your satisfaction.
Are the posts set in concrete?
All posts are set in a wet mix concrete. Dry mix with water added later is not acceptable.
Is field welding acceptable?
Only when absolutely necessary. Never let anyone field weld or “stick build” your ornamental fence in the field. The welds are immediately exposed to the elements where high humidity levels or dew can immediately start the materials to rust. All panels should be completely shop fabricated with bolt-on connections to the posts. Field welds do violate the powder coated finish and can only be touched up with manufacturer’s touch-up system.
American Fence Company. One of the nation’s top ten commercial and residential fence contractors.